• Ran from Dane, WI to Davenport, IA (165 miles) then ran the Quad Cities Marathon the next day
• Owns the record (84 miles) for the 12-Hour Presque Isle Personal Endurance Classic.
• Ran the 100k Sawtooth Relay as a solo athlete, beating ¼ of the 6-person relay teams.
• Won the PT Cruiser Challenge - an event consisting of a 15k, 5k and marathon all in 24 hours.
• Qualified for the 2009 World Aquathlon Championship in his first attempt.
• Qualified for the 2011 National Olympic Distance Triathlon Championship in his first attempt.
• Qualified for the 2013 World Duathlon Championship in his first attempt.
• Qualified for the 2015 National Snowshoe Championship in his first attempt.
• Has run 157 lifetime marathons (and counting) with a personal best of 2:49:36.
Awards & Recognition:
• Named RunUltra UK's BestRunning Blogger for 2015
• Selected as a member of Team Elite for Powerbar for 2010-2015
• Selected as a Top 10 Finalist for the 2009 Energizer Keep Going Award
• Chosen as the 50 State and DC Marathon Club’s 2009 Humanitarian of the Year.
• Created the “Charity Chaser” event where Dane begins dead last and runs down other participants to
raise money for local charities. In four marathons, Dane has raised over $65,000.
• Invited as a solo runner to MBC Hangang Marathon in Seoul, Korea. Dane made this his 4th
marathon in 13 days and posted a 2:56 time, placing in the top 5%.
• Invited as a special guest to the Dalian Marathon in China by the running shoe company, Li Ning.
• Chosen as the first person ever to be featured in a Road ID advertisement.
• One of MarathonGuide.com’s Outstanding USA Marathoners of the Year – 2006.